Over the past few months I’ve been leaving Free Art packs in various locations in Central Manchester for people to find and keep. Each pack contains a limited edition (1/10) art print, stickers, and a handwritten note.
I usually spend time a fair amount of time deliberating before adding my mark to a new Collab Nation piece – but when I got my Stage 2 through from Korp I immediately knew what I was going to add!
One of my favourite collaborative art projects, Collab Nation, is back for Experiment 5!
This huge international drawing project has each participating artist starting a drawing on A3 paper, then sending it on to the next artist for them to add to the piece. This continues until 4 artists have added their mark to the drawing. The process produces awesome and brilliantly unpredictable results!
A few month’s ago I spent some time working with BBC Digital, to create a suite of illustrations for their Ten Pieces: SuperConductor online app.
I’ve been doing some more experimenting with textured grayscale fills – playing with pencils, markers, and a combination of both. It’s taken a few attempts to get the results as I’d like, but I’m finding a flow that I’m happy with now. Here area few favourites.
I’ve been working on a new illustration to be shown as part of the 2 Colour LHR Exhibition at The Regent Pub in Islington.
The exhibition will showcase work from 16 different artists, each with their own unique styles, creating pieces to limited colour palette of red and black (plus the white of the page).
With the Collab Nation Black & White stages all finished up, it was time to start adding colour and making them into prints.
Meet (the temporarily nicknamed) Robot Dude! A new character design I created as part of a series of illustrations for Web Developer Kirsty Burgoine, to use at the conference talks she’s doing throughout the summer.
Collab Nation Experiment 4 is drawing to a close, concluding with an exhibition of some of the completed Stage 4s at Upfest Gallery in Bristol and a gorgeous art book release to boot!
I created a new robot character this weekend while working on some colouring experiments.